Effective October 13, 2016
December 15th, 2018
March 9th, 2019
June 15th, 2019
September 14th, 2019
1. All projects must fit into the scope of objectives set by this Foundation, Kiwanis International and the
Rocky Mountain District of Kiwanis International.
2. All requests must show how the citizens of the District, and in particular the children of the District, will
benefit from such a grant.
3. All requests must be made through a Kiwanis Family organization.
4. All grant requests must be made in writing and include an email address, contact name, and phone number using the cover sheet found on the website.
5. All grant requests must be submitted to the RMDK Foundation Committee chair, currently Kelly Muse: email@example.com or the grant may be mailed to Kelly at 1635 W Uintah, Ste D, Colorado Springs, CO 80904.
A copy of the request will be distributed to the appropriate committee members for recommendation to the full board.
6. All grant requests must be accompanied by a full project budget and scope of work.
7. Grant requests should be submitted 30 days before the next scheduled Foundation Board meeting in order to be considered at the upcoming meeting.
8. All grant requests must be for a specific Kiwanis project.
9. There shall be a maximum award of $2,500 per club per year.
10. Matching funds will benefit any request for a grant.
11. All awarded grantees must submit receipts or evidence that the funds awarded were used for the stated and intended purpose. Failure to do so may jeopardize future grant awards. Each club receiving a grant should recognize the Foundation as a funding partner on the project.
12. In general, the Foundation does not consider multi-year funding, unless the request comes from
Kiwanis International, the Rocky Mountain District of Kiwanis International or one of its sponsored
youth District Boards.
The Board of Trustees of the Foundation shall, by a majority vote of a quorum of its members, approve any grant request.
These policies shall be used as a guideline only and may be waived from time to time by the Board of Trustees of the Foundation upon their sole determination that a specific gift, contribution, grant, or donation, while not meeting the above guidelines, is in the best interest of the Rocky Mountain District Kiwanis Foundation.